Donor’s Bill of Rights
At Heart of the Valley, SERVICES FOR SENIORS, Inc. we support the Donor Bill of Rights, which has been adopted by many non-profit groups. This document effectively states that philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good.
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the organization’s causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s board of directors and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the organization will be professional in nature.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.