Who We Serve
We serve adults 65 years of age or older who reside in West Santa Clara Valley.
Our service area is determined by your zip code.
Our service area includes Santa Clara, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Saratoga, Monte Sereno, Los Gatos, Campbell, and the West San Jose zip codes 95117, 95125, 95126, 95128, 95129, 95130.
Free Services with Donations Appreciated
We do not charge fees for any of our services. We will, however, send you a donation envelope after a volunteer has performed a service. If you are able and would like to help keep us going, you can send a contribution to our office in the envelope. But there is no obligation. If you wish to make a donation for services using a credit or debit card, please call the office, and we can assist you.
- We ask that seniors be volunteer friendly.
- Volunteers appreciate seniors, who are grateful and thankful for the help they receive.
Making an Appointment
If you meet our service requirements, please call the office at least 7 working days in advance of needing a service. A working day, is a day when the office is open for business. It doesn’t include weekends, agency holidays or office closures. Remember we are like a friendly neighbor, who can sometimes help. We can be reached at (408) 241-1571 Monday through Friday from 9am to 1pm.
You may also email a service request. However the 7 working days doesn’t start until the office acknowledges your email by calling you for the details.
- Each time you call or email, you will be asked to provide your name, address, phone number, and the details of the service request, including any doctor’s name or destination address and phone number.
- Requests posted on our Jobs Board, and are filled based on volunteer availability.
- Sorry, sometimes we cannot fill your request. If no volunteer is available to help with an appointment, we will call to let you know 2-3 working days before the appointment date to give you time to make other arrangements.
- Please note that requests such as shopping, errands, light yard work, or light handyman work are done at the volunteer’s convenience at a date/time that works for both you and volunteer.
To make a request via email, click the Request a Service link
If you find you do not meet our age requirements or your zip code is not in our service area, please call our office at (408)241-1571 during our business hours 9am to 1pm Monday through Friday. We would be happy to give you referrals to other agencies, who may be able to assist you.
If you are not sure whether you qualify, please call our office at (408) 241-1571 and we will do our best to help you!
If you reach our answering machine, please leave your name, number, and a brief message. We will return your call as soon as possible.
In order to provide services to as many seniors as possible and for the health and safety of both our seniors and our volunteers, we regretfully have some restrictions:
- We are unable to transport wheelchairs.
- We are unable to provide escorted transportation to therapy, lunch programs, classes, jobs, chemotherapy, dialysis, or anything that requires on-going regularly scheduled rides.
- We are unable to provide services to seniors who have been diagnosed with dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- We are unable to provide transportation to any kind of procedures in which incisions, sedation, or infusion are involved, as we are not licensed caregivers. Blood tests are fine.
- We cannot provide services to seniors without a working answering machine or cell phone with voicemail capability, as the office and volunteers must be able to leave a message.