A new and improved website is coming soon!
Who we are:
We are an all volunteer organization helping seniors live independently in west Santa Clara Valley. Think of us like your friendly neighbor next door.
- Are you a senior or looking to help a senior? Please call us at (408) 241–1571
- Are you looking to volunteer with us? We'd love to have you.
- To become a volunteer, please contact Kirby at (408) 241–1571 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help Support Us!
- For online donations through PayPal by clicking the button below:
- For all other donations including cars, canes, and wheelchairs, please call us at (408) 241–1571
Those We Serve:
- Seniors living independently
- Those age 65 years or older
- Living in our service area by zip code:
- Campbell: 95008, 95009, 95011
- Cupertino: 95014, 95015
- Los Gatos: 95030, 95031, 95032
- Monte Sereno: 95030
- Santa Clara: 95050, 95051, 95052, 95054, 95055
- Saratoga: 95070
- Sunnyvale: 94085, 94086, 94087, 94089
- West San Jose: 95117, 95125, 95126, 95128, 95129, 95130
- Night Riders — transportation at night to dinner or a movie
- Escorted Transportation — door-to-door service to appointments, shopping, or running errands
- Light House Projects — cleaning out a closet or refrigerator
- Handyman Services — changing a light bulb or fixing a leaky faucet
- Light Yard Work — mowing the lawn, raking leaves, or planting flowers
- Paper work — help organizing or reading mail; or help writing holiday or birthday cards
- Computer/Technology Assistance — help learning to use a computer, cellphone or other electronic device
- Visitation — friendly phone call or an in-home visit from a friendly volunteer
- In–A–Pinch — help with unforseen or immediate needs; help provided within 24–48 hours
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Services — education and help with disposal of items such as pesticides, old paint, and cleaning products
- 5D (Don't Dump Drugs Down Drain) — help with the disposal of old medications, both prescription and over–the–counter
- Pet Care — help taking your pet to the vet or help taking your pet to the groomers'
- Referrals — If Heart of the Valley volunteers cannot help, we will provide a referral to another non–profit or provide a for–pay referral, as needed.
How it works:
- Our independent senior (client) calls our office during business hours to make a service request.
- Please provide us with at least 7 days advanced notice to allow time to connect you with a friendly volunteer.
- Sorry but we cannot fill recurring requests, such as rides to weekly physical therapy appointments.
- Non-appointments, such as shopping or errands are scheduled for a date/time which is convenient for the volunteer and the senior client. Our seniors need to be flexible.
- Please understand that requests are not guaranteed, although we make every effort to help.
- For the safety of our volunteers and our senior clients, we cannot transport to procedures where there will be sedation given or incisions made. Blood tests and eye dilations are okay.
- Our volunteers can transport seniors using walkers or canes, but sorry no wheelchairs.
- Our volunteers help seniors from 9am to 9pm 7 days a week, so please schedule appointments on or after 9:30am to allow transportation time.
- Our office logs the request and looks for a volunteer to help fill the request.
- Once a volunteer is found, the volunteer will contact the senior client. If not an appointment, the volunteer will arrange a date/time to help. If no volunteer is found, the office will inform the senior client and provide options or referrals, as needed
- Services are provided free of charge. However after the service is completed, the office will send a donation envelope to the senior client. Donations are not required, but much appreciated. Please do not give donations directly to our volunteers.