How to Volunteer
Thank you for thinking about becoming a volunteer with Heart of the Valley. Here are the steps to becoming a volunteer. It’s not hard and the staff and other volunteers are here to help you all the way!
- View our Volunteer Opportunities to see how you might like to help.
- You may fill out an Online Application Form or fill out the application form,
download it, and mail it to Heart of the Valley PO Box 418 Santa Clara, CA 95052.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator, Cyndi Goble will contact you to set up an informal interview with her and Sylvia Abboud, our Executive Director
- If you decide to become a volunteer, you will receive a badge and orientation.
- You will be asked to sign our volunteer agreement and be given a Volunteer Handbook.
- Then you will receive training on how to use our Volunteer Portal to select volunteer assignments and record your mileage and hours.
Your main reward for volunteering is the appreciation of helping our seniors. But we do have a few others:
- We celebrate Volunteer Appreciation month to thank our volunteers for their help.
- We sometimes have events where we partner volunteers and seniors, like one year we went to Happy Hollow together